TOUCH DOWN in Zurich.
- FLY Swiss Air. We were able to get non-stop flights for $550, which was a STEAL.
- RENT A CAR for a week for only $200 through EuropCar! It is less expensive to rent a manual than Automatic, if you are looking to save some $$. Also, it is much more expensive to pick up and drop off the car in different countries. Google Maps works just fine (a little kludgy at certain points). I think renting a car was my favorite part of this trip, driving all through the country side left me speechless.
- STAY at the magical, Baur u Lac. A stunning 5-star hotel that boasts the most amazing taste, service and food. Every day the driveway is lined with exotic cars, completely over the top, visiting the famous Michelin Star Restaurant.
We had an unbelievable time at this stunning hotel which is super luxurious, yet has a very comfortable and welcoming feel. Zurich is very clean and full of high-end stores, restaurants, chocolate shops and cars. It’s lovely, but you really only need 1-2 nights here.
- STAY at the Park Weggis, potentially my favorite place I have ever stayed. This hotel was such a serene, relaxing and peaceful location. The hotel was perfectly designed and laid out with a great zen to the entire landscape. They had an unbelievable black bottom infinity pool that was set at 85 degrees so you could swim throughout the year!
- TRAVEL everywhere by boat in this area, which is one of my favorite ways to see all the sights.
I was most excited for this part of the trip to see the countryside. Seeing the mountains, fields and lakes all together was a dream of mine, and BOY did it deliver.
- Driving to Interlaken, we made stops in Lauterbrunnen and a few other amazing little towns to see the sights! Interlaken is beautiful, however it is the surrounding towns you really want to check out as they are nestled into the sides of the mountains.
- Take the tram up to the top of Schilthorn where ‘007 was filmed, specifically, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service in 1969. This is the best place to see the Swiss skyline views.
STAY at the amazing hotel, Victoria Jungfrau Hotel which had views of people skydiving, paragliding, hang gliding, and more. It is pretty remarkable to see.
The hotel was GRAND and so wonderful. There was an amazing pool to relax in, as well as an outdoor, salt water hot tub that was big enough to fit 20+ people! Is there anything better than salt water pools/hot tub?
This was the view from our balcony…
The capital of Switzerland, Bern, is a beautiful city built around a crook in the Aare River making it so intricate and different. The Aare is a place where a lot of people in the summer hang out and swim in this bright blue water.
- STAY at the beautiful, Bellevue Place, where the manager of the hotel greets you each morning and the president of Switzerland has drinks. It is a pretty magical place in the center of it all. The view from our room was amazing, and it had two balconies where we could sit and just watch people go by.
Good Bye Switzerland and hello France!
Queue the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack!
Bonjour! I walked into these little towns and almost cried! I cannot believe these magical towns exist.
- Alsace, France is a wine region in northeastern France on the Rhine River. Alsace is made up of small towns within a wine region. The two towns we spent the most time in were Kaysersberg and Colmar.
- Colmar is the birthplace of, Bartholdi, Creator of the Statue of Liberty!
STAY in the center of Kaysersberg at Hotel Restaurant Le Chambard. We had a huge suite to ourselves that was two floors! It was very warm for May (90 degrees farenheit), so the pool area was especially appreciated.
Colmar is rated one of the most beautiful towns in the world. Now, I understand why. With is beautiful canals, restaurants and bars all around its hard not to feel like you’re in a fairy tale.
STAY right on the canal at the charming hotel Le Marechal. We had breakfast looking out on the water as the boats passed – it was perfect for what we wanted.
My favorite thing to do is just walk around.
On our last day here, we decided to head to Le Centre Balneo where you can use the pools, saunas, restaurants etc because it was so hot out. WARNING you have to wear a speedo as a male to be let in. As my husband found out, they do provide them there.
Need help planning your own fairy tale? Let us help!